CORPORATE ACCOUNT MANAGER – Arizona
The Corporate Account Manager position will be responsible for maintaining and retaining an established base of customers in the financial industry market. This includes determining each customer’s needs and recommending specific solutions to meet these needs. In addition, the position is responsible for constantly analyzing customer specific data in order to improve account profitability and service. The incumbent is responsible for acting as the customer’s credit consultant and helping them grow their business. Most important, must have B-to-B selling experience, including working with C-Level executives.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Identify customer’s business goals, buying influences and determine appropriate credit services
• Provide outstanding service with the intent of retaining and growing accounts within an assigned market territory
• Deliver business summaries to C-Level executives on a quarterly basis
• Deliver Credit Seminar presentations to existing customers and their networking contacts (Realtors)
• Work closely with Customer Service and Operations in developing and managing existing accounts
• Maintain daily activities in Salesforce, tracking interactions with prospects and customers
• Interact regularly with the VP of Sales, and other sales associates, to discuss the lead qualification process and recommend improvements
• Work closely with the Marketing team in developing new ways to increase awareness of products and services
• Proven ability to work independently in building and maintaining a client portfolio; at least 5 years of B-to-B outside sales/account management experience required.
• Excellent relationship building skills, public speaking skills and entrepreneurial drive are essential
• Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or related field preferred, or equivalent work experience within a relevant industry
• Must be able to articulate products and services, negotiate favorable terms and present a professional business manner in person and over the phone
• Approaches others with respect and consideration regardless of the status or position; follows through on commitments
• Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to persuasively communicate in both positive or negative situations, listens and gets clarification and responds well to questions
• Knowledge of MS Office Suite is required (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Proactive troubleshooting, listening and problem solving skills
• Excellent time-management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to accept and evolve with changes in policies and procedures
OFFICE LOCATION REQUIREMENTS:
This position would be best located in Southern California, Arizona and the East Coast.. This position requires you to have an appropriate office space at your home. Based on company security policies, the office space will be inspected for compliance including locking file cabinets, security password protected computer, etc.
This full time position includes a competitive base salary of $68,000 a year (which is negotiable based on experience) plus commission, in addition to a comprehensive benefits package.
Email your cover letter and resume to Lisa Posteraro at firstname.lastname@example.org