IT Helpdesk Specialist
The IT Specialist will be responsible for installing, setting up, and troubleshooting all employee computer hardware and software systems. This position reports to the IT Manager and may consist of additional job duties as he sees fit.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize critical thinking skills, prioritize incoming work orders and efficiently assesses situations for appropriate response: seek clarification if work is not clear.
- Applying IT principles, methods, and practices in the customer service and support area to identify and resolve issues and requests.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Field incoming requests from end users via both telephone and work orders in a courteous manner.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or request.
- Troubleshoot Windows/MAC Operating Systems and Microsoft 0365 applications.
- Provides timely resolution of problems or escalation on behalf of customer to appropriate technical personnel.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Technical training in helpdesk support, support technician, or help desk technician
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware, including PC, servers, switches, and routers
- Knowledge of desktop and server operating systems (Windows and Microsoft)
- Ability to absorb information quickly
- Excellent attitude, phone etiquette, written, and verbal communication, and people skills
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure environment
- One to two years related work experience is required
- Experience with Active directory, sonicwall set up and ringcentral
- VM ware experience
- College education (Associates or Bachelors)
- Microsoft certifications
- Ability to troubleshoot from a remote location
- Customer Service experience
- 3+years of experience
Working Environment & Requirements
- This job requires that you work at a desk, using a computer and headset for as much as 8 hours in a day, entering data and conversing with internal clients by phone and computer in a timely manner.
- This is a telecommuting job; you must be able to work from home with the same focus and reliability as if you are in a brick and mortar office building.
- You must be able to work during Corporate Headquarter operating hours (Colorado), between the hours of 7 am and 6:30 pm MT.
- Your home office must be a separate, dedicated room.
- Your work environment must be secure, free of clutter and away from outside noise and distractions.
- You must be able to obtain Business Class Cable internet service and meet our minimum internet speed requirements.
- Your availability for occasional overtime is a plus.
- This position does require occasional travel to our Corporate office in Evegreen, CO.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
**The salary range for this position is $45- 50,000 annually.
To apply send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org