Classification: Hourly, Non-exempt,
Full-TimeReports to: HR Manager
Summary: The HR Assistant is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and assisting the HR Manager in all areas of human resources. The position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruiting and onboarding new employees, compliance with HR document storage, special projects and assisting the HR Manager with benefits, HRIS, employee relations as well as termination work.
-Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists with resume filtering and pre-screens for all recruiting for both exempt and on-exempt personnel; learning and using Ziprecruiter, Indeed & BetterTeam as well as our step by step onboarding process.
- Coordinates, collects, handles and stores all HR documents including onboarding paperwork, CSR audits, performance reviews, doctor notes and any other documents needing to be stored in the HR folder of Docuware.
- Will assist with all new hire questions and issues throughout onboarding.
- Set up new employees in Paycom and coordinate the I-9 process.
- Create and submit all new hire background checks and drug tests.
- Process all Benefit Enrollments.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
***As the HR Assistant learns and grows, he/she may take on additional duties by learning and supporting the HR Manager in areas such as performance, training, special projects, terminations, etc.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but may serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the company.
This is a telecommuting job requiring a dedicated office room in the employee’s home. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, type, use a computer keyboard, monitor and mouse and listen. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some light office work and travel is required.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position requiring 40 hours per week. The shift will be during the office hours of 7 am MST – 6:30 pm MST and will be determined by the HR Manager.
Required Education and Experience:
This is an entry level job. It requires a high school diploma or GED.
Preferred Education and Experience:
The ideal candidate will have at least 1 year of office experience and some sort of introduction / understanding on the new hire onboarding process.
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to Angela Langford at email@example.com