Position/Title: Compliance Specialist
Compliance Manager, Christie Nguyen
Trainer and Assistant Manager, David Laxamana (during initial 90 days)
Department VP Risk Management, Evon Butterworth
Pay: Starting wage $19.00 per hour
Shift: 8:30 to 5:30 Mountain Time; shift schedule may be negotiable.
Position is part of the Compliance Division, within the Department of Risk Management
Come join the Compliance folks at Advantage Credit, Inc. and be part of a fun, dynamic and inclusive team of smart, passionate professionals. We stay busy even when interest rates go up and sales volume goes down! The Compliance Division, which comprises one half of the Risk Management Department, consists of multiple channels: New Membership Onboarding (NMO); Quality Control -Vetting, and Quality Assurance- Account Setups; Consumer Disputes; Vendor Due Diligence and Documentation; Client Monitoring; Annual Client Audits; and Inter-Compliance Support (Intercomp). Each channel is vital to the success and compliance of Advantage Credit. Compliance Specialists will be trained in NMO to start, but may end up in another channel; we take into consideration overall Division needs, the employee’s skills, their experience, interests, and their aspirations.
The individual in this position is an energetic and detail-oriented professional who is responsible for assisting our clients (external but also internal) and ensuring Bureau and Regulatory requirements are met.
The ideal candidate is a critical thinker with an excess of patience who enjoys interacting with a variety of individuals and has the enthusiasm to sway the wayward client into “the path of goodness and light”. Each of our Compliance Specialists is unique and lends their varied experience, humor and perspective to the team, making Team Compliance greater than the sum of our parts.
As a Compliance Specialist, you may be a prospective client’s first encounter with Advantage Credit, setting the tone for future interactions; your cheerful spirit and willingness to help, teach and learn is essential to the success of our clients and Advantage Credit. These attributes, along with your strong relationship building skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task –all whilst whistling merrily– will earn you the respect of our clients, the friendship of your peers, and will help you solidify Advantage Credit’s reputation for excellence in service and industry knowledge.
The successful candidate is well-spoken, responsive, professional and a self-disciplined hard worker with a passion for accuracy, a high tolerance for change, an endless capacity for learning, and a mischievous sense of fun. If you’ve ever cyber-sleuthed someone online (we don’t call it stalking), a job in Compliance may be the perfect fit!
Position Duties/Responsibilities May Include:
- Performing annual audits on all clients including verification of ownership, permissible purpose, location and bona fides, as well as consumer consent, etc.
- Performing New Client Onboarding: timely and detailed vetting of new clients prior to account activation including obtaining and researching documentation and establishing account in keeping with Bureau requirements and company standards.
- Professional, timely, pleasant, and pithy written and verbal communication with applicants with an emphasis on education, clarification and follow through.
- Ongoing monitoring of clients for anomalous activity
- Facilitating credit report-access platform account setting updates, including but not limited to branch additions, subcode setups, residential facility inspections, etc.
- Communicating and collaborating with other departments, including but not limited to the Receivables group on account HOLDS, and with New Biz sales on high-volume prospect onboarding
- Utilizing, updating and/or creating templates in DocuSign as needed, i.e. for service agreements, custom agreements, branch add forms, audits, etc.
- Performing audits of clients and their users related to consumer complaints or disputes
- Adhering to documented policy and management guidance, while understanding the ‘why’ of what we do well enough to clearly explain it to others
- Assisting with Response to Bureau Audits, including but not limited to gathering, assessing, and sorting documentation
- Providing phone queue, email and chat support to applicants who need assistance with our Application Portal and internal clients who have questions or concerns
- Reviewing QC assessments of vetting and account setups
- Assisting with Department policy and procedure development, creation and updates
- Assisting with Department web content and training content development, creation and updates
- Proposing and/or working on special projects as requested by management
Required Skills and Capabilities:
- Ability to function independently in a multi-task environment as well as part of a team
- Works with a sense of urgency
- Professional writing skills, and well-spoken by phone and video
- Likes to keep busy: actively seeks more work to remain consistently engaged and productive
- Good Judgement: when to check with management vs. when to proceed
- Adaptable to change
- Able to take constructive criticism in stride
- Positive vibes with a fun-forward attitude and oodles of patience
- Computer savvy: strong MS Office Suite skills and overall computer literacy
- Ability to learn and adapt to new software programs and job procedures
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Detail oriented; rule-follower
- Comfortable with authority (wielding and acknowledging)
- Willingness and judgment in speaking up (Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?)
- Web camera-ready for internal meetings with teammates and management
- Diplomacy with coworkers from all departments as well as clients to resolve Compliance issues
Required Work Experience:
- Familiarity with the laws relevant to Credit Data and related services including but not limited to the FCRA, FACTA, ECOA, RESPA and GLB.
- 4+ years Mortgage industry experience or 2+ years auditing experience and/or 3+ years National CRA experience
The exceptional candidate has:
- Knowledge of the Reseller policies of National CRA, i.e. Experian, Equifax, Transunion
- Experience with auditing or vetting clients to FCRA and Bureau standards
- Knowledge of state and federal (NMLS) mortgage company & loan officer licensing requirements
Working Conditions:This job requires that you be physically and mentally able to work independently 8 hours a day at a desk with a computer setup, phone, and video camera; reliable attendance is a must. It’s important that you have no distractions and the ability to see humor in the Absurd and Confounding. Bonus culture points if you can tell a good joke, story, or anecdote!
To apply send your cover letter and resume to Maria Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.